Created in 1962 by Barbet Schroeder, Les Films du Losange has accompanied filmmakers from all over the world. Since July 2021, Charles Gillibert has been the president and Alexis Dantec the general manager, taking over from Margaret Menegoz.
With passion and perseverance, the company has developed and diversified, from production to distribution, under the direction of Régine Vial and, for international sales, Alice Lesort.
Our catalog includes more than 220 films directed by prestigious authors, including Éric Rohmer, Michael Haneke, Mia Hansen-Løve, Ronit Elkabetz, Chloé Zhao, Barbet Schroeder, Lars Von Trier, Jacques Rivette, Nicolas Philibert, Olivier Assayas, Leos Carax, Alain Guiraudie…
These films have been restored and digitized in 2K or 4K.
We are committed to making new discoveries.
- Over 220 films in the catalog
- 3 Palmes d’or at the Cannes Film Festival: Amour (2012) by Michael Haneke, Le Ruban blanc (2009) by Michael Haneke, Dancer in the Dark by Lars Von Trier (2000)
- 3 Grand Jury Prizes, 3 Best Actress Prizes, 3 Director’s Prizes
- Oscar for Best Foreign Film for Amour (2012) by Michael Haneke
- 2 Golden Lions at the Venice Film Festival for Le Rayon vert by Éric Rohmer (1986) and Un Pigeon perché sur une branche philosophait sur l’existence by Roy Andersson (2014). 4 Silver Lions, including 2 awards for best actress for Béatrice Romand in Le Beau Mariage (1982) by Éric Rohmer and Pascale Ogier in Les Nuits de la pleine lune (1984) by Éric Rohmer
- 5 Silver Bears at the Berlinale pour Ondine by Christian Petzold (2020), L’Avenir by Mia Hansen-Løve (2016), Italian for Beginners by Lone Scherfig (2001), Pauline à la plage (1983) and La Collectionneuse (1967) by Éric Rohmer